Since Monday, May 4, 2015 the CSD Board of Directors voted to implement mandatory Stage 2 Water Restrictions. Due to current water conditions, Stage 2 Water Restrictions continue to this day. As well as the restrictions cited below, voluntary reduction of domestic use is recommended at all times.
Stage 2 Water Restrictions are Still in Effect:
During Stage 2, the following restrictions and prohibitions on water uses shall be imposed on and complied with by all Water Users and are in addition to, and include, all water uses restricted or prohibited in Stage 1.
- The District recommends that all existing customers with landscaping presently in place reduce their Turf area and/or replace it with low water use plants and drip irrigation, or native plants that need little or no watering.
- Any person installing new landscaping shall not install turf in excess of 25% of the available landscape area and shall not install more than 1000 square feet of turf and shall use low water plants. Drip irrigation is highly recommended for use in new landscaping.
- Persons may irrigate on Designated Days only.
- No water shall be used for private construction purposes, including water used for dust control or compaction. Use of reclaimed or reused water is exempt from this reduction measure.
Stage 1 Water Restrictions:
- Waste is prohibited.
- Landscape watering with sprinkler's between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. is prohibited.
- Water shall not run off into the streets or other impervious surfaces.
- Turf irrigation is prohibited between November 1 and April 1 of each year.
- Decorative ponds, fountains and waterways having a capacity in excess of twenty gallons shall not be filled with water from the District’s water system.
- Sidewalks, driveways, buildings, and windows shall not be washed off with hoses, except as required for sanitary purposes.
- Noncommercial washing of automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, airplanes and other mobile equipment shall be done with a handheld hose and bucket. Handheld hoses shall be equipped with an automatic shutoff nozzle.
- Restaurants shall not serve water to customers except when specifically requested by the customer.
- Voluntary reduction for indoor domestic use is recommended by any means available.
- No water shall be used for private construction purposes, including water used for dust control or compaction.
- All water leaks shall be repaired immediately.